Atatürk University Foreign Student Examination is for the candidates who seek to attend Atatürk University and other Turkish universities which approve this examination for BA and associate degree programs. Students from foreign countries or foreign citizens may use this exam score for their applications. The exam will be held on 15 April 2018 at 12:00 p.m at all test centers simultaneously in Turkish, English, German, French, Arabic, Persian and Russian languages.
ATAYÖS-2018 test score will be valid for one year and may be only used for 2018-2019 academic year’s BA and associate levels of application.
|Exam Application||5 February 2018||1 April 2018|
|Exam Date||15 April2018 12.00'de (Local time in Turkey)|
|Objection to the Exam Questions||15 April 2018||18 April 2018|
|Replying the Objection||27 April 2018|
|Announcement of the exam scores||18 May 2018|
|Objection to the exam score||18 May 2018||21 May 2018|
|Replying the Objection||30 May 2018|
|Program Preference||4 June 2018||12 June 2018|
|Placement Announcement||19 June 2018|
|Registration Period of Final Placement||9 July 2018||13 July 2018|
|Preference Period for Additional Placement||26 July 2018||3 August 2018|
|Announcement of the Additional Placement||15 August 2018|
|Final Registration for Additional Placement||3 September 2018||7 September 2018|
|Announcement of the Candidates Placed from the Waiting List||11 September 2018|
|Final Registration for the Candidates Placed from the Waiting List.||11 September 2018||14 September 2018|
TERMS OF APPLICATION
Applications will be made online at http://yosbasvuru.atauni.edu.tr/. No application will be accepted after due date. In order to be enrolled for a program after the placement, candidates must meet the requirements of the enrollment shown below. Candidates who are unable to submit the required documents will be by no means enrolled in the university.
a) High school students who are final year students or graduate will be accepted according to following reqirements:
1) Those who have a foreign nationality,
2) Those who were born as Turkish citizens but later were permitted by the Ministry of the Interior of Turkey to leave Turkish citizenship, including their underage children who are registered in the document of leaving Turkish citizenship and who can certificate that they have the document regarding the Exercise of Given Rights, pursuant to the Turkish Nationality Law, (The 7th article of the Turkish Nationality Law numbered 5901 prescribes that “(1) an infant born from the marriage of a mother or a father having Turkish citizenship inside or outside Turkey is a Turkish citizen”; applicants who would like to apply for the quotas of foreign admission should further review the Turkish Nationality Law.)
3) Those who used to have a foreign citizenship but later have acquired Turkish citizenship/those who have a dual citizenship under these circumstances,
*4.a) Before 01.02.2013, those who have Turkish citizenship and have continued to receive secondary education (high school) entirely in a foreign country except for Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) (including those who have received secondary education (high school) entirely at a Turkish school located in a foreign country except for TRNC),
4.b)After 01.02.2013,those who have Turkish citizenship and have started to receive secondary education (high school) entirely in a foreign country except for Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) (including those who have received secondary education (high school) entirely at a Turkish school located in a foreign country except for TRNC),
5) Those, who have TRNC citizenship and reside in TRNC, have received secondary education in TRNC and have obtained GCE AL degrees (The General Certificate of Education – Advanced Level), and those who registered in the colleges or high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010 and currently have or will obtain GCE AL degrees, will be accepted.
1) Who hold Turkish citizenship and have received secondary education entirely in Turkey or in TRNC,
2) Who hold TRNC citizenship (excluding those who have received secondary education entirely at TRNC high schools and have obtained GCE AL degree and those registered in the colleges or high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010 and currently have or will obtain GCE AL degrees),
*3) Whose first citizenship is Turkish from birth, as prescribed in article 2.1./a-2 of this guide ( Excluding for those who provide the conditions in article a-4)
4)Dual citizens who have TRNC citizenship (excluding those who have received secondary education entirely at TRNC high schools and have obtained GCE AL degree and those registered in the colleges or high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010 and currently have or will obtain GCE AL degrees),
5) Who hold citizenship of the Republic of Turkey or a dual citizenship, one of which is citizenship of the Republic of Turkey by birth, as stated in Article a) Item 2) above, and who have completed their secondary education in institutions within an embassy or in other foreign institutions in Turkey, cannot apply for education at Ataturk University.
* * Given the 7th article of 5901 numbered Turkish Nationality Law stating “(1) Those who are born of a legal marriage of a Turkish mother or father in or out of Turkey are Turkish citizens” the applicants who have a high school diploma in Turkey are not accepted for foreign applications quotas. But, through the opinion of Ministry of National Education Board of Education stating that the applications of students who attend high schools at Turkish schools in foreign countries (except for TRNC) can be accepted in accordance with admission of foreign students, the graduate students who had attended Open Education High School Western European Program can be considered within this reference.
2. In order to make your registration valid, enter your e-mail address and your phone number into the system.
3. The required information during registration should be given according to your passport’s information.
4. Your headshot photo which was taken within the three months in the format of (.jpg) or (.png) should be scanned and uploaded. Your photo should be appropriate for official use.
5. VERIFICATION CODE: A verification link and candidate number will be sent to your e-mail account. You can activate your page by clicking the link.
6. If the verification code is not received, please check your spam or junk box. If you still do not have the code, you should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org informing the problem through the e-mail address you use during registration. Then, please click “Send Verification Code” link after 5 minutes.
1. FINAL APPLICATION After activating your account, log in with your username and password. You can complete your exam application by clicking ATAYÖS-2018 APPLICATION.
2. Choose only one exam center and one exam language. Applicants cannot change these choices later.
3. PAYMENT (Pay the exam fee online)
4. APPLICATION COMPLETE (After payment confirmed, your application will be completed.)
1. After the registration dates, applicants should check their exam centers 10 days before the exam (5 April 2018).
2. EXAM ENTRANCE DOCUMENT Applicants can print out their exam entrance document 10 days before the exam (5 April 2018).
3. Applicants must have their passports and exam entrance document with them.
Candidates from homeland and abroad apply for the exam only at http://yosbasvuru.atauni.edu.tr/. The applications which are not made between 5 February 2018 and 1 April 2018, by mailing or by hand will not be accepted.
Candidates will complete their registration online at http://yosbasvuru.atauni.edu.tr/ within the registration period.
Candidates are responsible for any result due to incomplete or errorneous information during registration. Personal data in the application system should exactly match with the applicant’s passport information (name, surname etc. and no use of abbreviations is accepted). Once registered on the system, the applicant cannot change/update the personal information.
The phone and e-mail information on the application system should belong to the applicant and only one e-mail address should be provided. The candidates should not use the phone number or e-mail address on behalf of another applicant.
Candidates should upload a head shot photo taken within the last 3 months in the format of JPEG or PNG. This upload should not exceed 2MB. The head shot photo should be suitable for use in visa or identity card procedures. The uploaded photo will be used in the Exam Entrance Document and Exam Result Document. In case examiners cannot identify the candidate with the photo then the candidate may not be permitted to take the exam.
Candidates’ verification links and candidate numbers will be sent to their e-mail addresses. They should activate their page by clicking the link. In case the verification code is not received, then applicants should check their spam or junk e-mail box. If they cannot have the code, they should click email@example.com and insert the required information, and check the inbox again. If they still do not have the code, they should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org informing the problem through the e-mail account they use during registration. They will be assisted soon.
After activating the account by inserting username and password ATAYÖS 2018 APPLICATION link is clicked and final application is made. The application is completed after the exam fee is paid and the application procedure is checked and confirmed by the exam officers. The exam fee will be paid through EXAM FEE page.
The candidate number of the applicants will be given only once. It is a must that candidate number be provided in all types of correspondance with Atatürk University.
Candidates will pay for the exam according to table below.
|Erzurum, Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Trabzon, Van, Bursa, Gaziantep, Sanlıurfa,|
Antalya, Adana, Samsun, Hatay, Konya, Mersin, Kayseri, Nicosia, Baku,
Tehran, Tabriz, Jeddah, Medina, Tabuk
|250 TL | 65 USD | 60 EURO|
|Berlin, Cologne, Vienna, Brussel, Doha||350 TL | 90 USD | 80 EURO|
|Batumi, Almaty, Moscow, Cairo, Bishkek, Rabat, Amman, Nablus||100 TL | 25 USD | 25 EURO|
Exam fees cannot be transferred to the next years. The exam fees paid by applicants
- who withdraw even if they have paid the exam fee,
- whose application disannulled,
- who do not attend the exam,
- who are not accepted to the exam,
- who failed the exam,
- whose exam disannulled are not refunded. Applications will be disregarded if the applicants do not pay the exam fee.
If the exams are cancelled in the centers where the applicant chooses by Ataturk University, the exam fee will be refunded. Apart from this situation, the exam fee is not refunded. The exam fees are refunded according to Turkish currency exchange rate of that date.
BANK NAME: HALK BANKASI
ACCOUNT NAME: ATATÜRK ÜNİVERSİTESİ
BRANCH CODE: 1677
ACCOUNT NO: 06000001
IBAN: TR21 0001 2001 6770 0006 0000 01
BRANCH CODE: 1677
ACCOUNT NO: 53100001
IBAN: TR91 0001 2001 6770 0053 1000 01
BRANCH CODE: 1677
ACCOUNT NO: 58100002
IBAN: TR08 0001 2001 6770 0058 1000 02
Applicants should pay attention to the payment procedure as follows:
Exam fee must be paid through online system. Candidates must have a credit card or debit card (Visa or Master) in order to make online payment.
The candidates from Turkey or abroad can pay the exam fee by means of a correspondent bank or the banks which can do international transactions. Applicants should pay attention to the followings about the payment:
ATAYÖS-2018 will be held in the following centers:
|Saudi Arabia||Jeddah, Madina, Tabuk|
|Turkey||Erzurum, Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Trabzon, Van, Bursa, Gaziantep, Sanlıurfa, Antalya, Adana, Samsun, Hatay, Konya, Mersin,Kayseri|
The exam will be held in seven languages (Turkish, English, German, French, Arabic, Persian, Russian). Applicants can choose only one exam language. Exam language cannot be changed after the exam fee is paid and the application is completed.
Candidates should choose one exam center. Exam center cannot be changed after the exam fee is paid and the application is completed.
Atatürk University has the right to change or cancel the test centers 15 days before the exam. Therefore, you should check your test center 15 days before the exam by logging into system.
80 questions consisting of 40 quantitative and 40 qualitative questions will be asked under the headings of Basic Learning Skills. Results will be graded out of 100 points.
Students accepted for any program are taken to Turkish and Foreign Language Proficiency Exams. Students who pass these exams can start their first year of education; however those who cannot pass then they take language preparation courses.
ATAYÖS and related procedures are conducted in accordance with the exam schedule.
1. To enter the examination room with mobile phone is strictly prohibited. Communication items such as pager, transmitter, computer and watches having no function except for time, all devices having computer functions, any weapon and its equipment, scrap paper, notebook, dictionary, electronic devices used for dictionary, calculator, ruler, compass, protractor are prohibited. If the applicants take the exam with one of these devices, their exams will be disannuled.
2.Time for this exam is 150 minutes (2.5 hours)
3.Candidates, who have submitted their exam papers and left the examination room, cannot reenter exam room for any reason.
4.Leaving the room is not permitted at the first 75 minutes and the last 15 minutes of the exam. If you complete the exam after the first 75 minutes and before the last 15 minutes you can leave the room by submitting your answer sheet, question booklet and ATAYÖS-2018 Entrance and ID Document. Otherwise, until the exam is annouced to be finished you should be seated and wait until the exam documents are taken back.
5.Talking to the examiners and asking questions to them is prohibited during the exam. The examiners cannot talk to candidates, slowly and closely either. Barrowing and lending pencil, and eraser etc. are prohibited.
6. Candidates should obey the examiners’ warning during the exam. They can change your seats if found necessary. For a valid exam, candidates should obey the exam rules. If candidates do not obey the rules and any warning, it will be documented and their exam will be disannuled.
7. Candidates who attempt to cheat or help cheating during the exam will be reported and their exams will be disannuled. Examiners do not have to warn the cheaters. Candidates have their own responsibility. It is important that candidates keep their answer sheet the way they cannot be seen by others. The answer sheets and the distribution of the answer will be examined. In case the findings show individual or group cheating then some or all of the answers can be cancelled. In case examiners decide that the exam has not been done according to the regulations or group cheating occured then Ataturk University has the right to disannul all of the examinees’ answers in a room.
8.Candidates should fill in the blanks on their answer sheets. Pencil should be used for all writing and marking. Other types of pens cannot be used. Answers should be marked on the answer sheet only. The answers marked on the questions booklet are not valid for evaluation.
9.Upon receiving your exam booklet. please check the pages whether there are any missing or errorneous pages in it. If there appears any missing or erroroneous page please inform the examiners. Please check if the category of the question form shown on each page of the form matches with the front cover of the form. In this case, please inform the examiners and change your exam booklet. Please do not forget to mark the category of the exam booklet into the answer sheet. If the category of the answer sheet is not marked, the exam cannot be graded and the exam is disannuled.
10.Before starting, please write your first and last name, application number and exam room number onto the exam booklet. At the end of the exam, the booklets will be taken back and each of them will be examined. Even if a single page of the booklet is missing your exam will be disannuled.
11.The blank parts of the booklet can be used as worksheet.
12.No one including the examiners can smoke.
13.It is strictly prohibited to take notes and to write the answer into a paper and to get it out of the room.
14.Before leaving the exam room, please do not forget to submit your exam booklet, answer sheet, and ATAYÖS exam entrance document to the examiners.
Click for a sample exam.
Preference procedure will be conducted through http://yosbasvuru.atauni.edu.tr/ .
Candidates can make maximum 5 preferences for formal education programs; maximum 10 preferences for ATA-AÖF (Atatürk University open education faculty) programs and totally 15 preferences can be taken for both programs.
After placement according to the ATAYÖS Exam scores, placement can be made according to high school graduation scores for the available quotas in the Faculty of Open Education (ATA-AÖF).
Candidates who prefer the programs with special talent exams and students who are placed in these programs must take special talent exam that will be done by related unit and must be successful from this exam. For further information about the special talent exams, please visit https://bilgirehberleri.atauni.edu.tr/ozelyetenek/bilgi/
Scores obtained in the exam can be used by many other universities in Turkey, especially by ÜNİP member universities. Click for the universities recognizing ATAYÖS-2018 exam scores.
a)The student candidates who have taken ATAYOS-2018 exam will be given priority based on their grades
b)The additional placements for the vacant positions will be done for the student candidates who have taken ATAYÖS-2018 and who have taken the exams of the universities which have been listed on the website and who have taken the other recognized international exams.
Students who got the right of the registration to the university must be enrolled with the required documents shown on the website of the Registrar’s Office within the required dates.
The followings are the required documents for registration:
For Foreign Residents
a) The original of high school diploma and its translated version into Turkish endorsed by Turkish Foreign Representatives
b) Certificate of Diploma Equivalence ( can be provided at Turkish Foriegn Representatives in your own country)
c) The original academic record ( transcript) and its translated version into Turkish endorsed by Turkish Foriegn Representatives
d) The original document of ATAYÖS exam score.( For additional placement, the original documents of YÖS exam score or SAT 1, Abitur, SAT 1 and Abitur and translated version of them into Turkish endorsed by Turkish Foriegn Representatives.
e) 6 Headshot photos ( 4,5*6)
f) The endorsed copy of the passport and its translated version into Turkish endorsed by Turkish Foriegn Representatives
g) The blue card owners should certify their blue card and should provide their official renouncement document taken from Turkish Ministry of Interior
h)Specified documentary evidence of your financial capacity throughout your education in Turkey. (Except for Turkish citizens)
i)The bank record of tution fee ( The fee is paid to one of the contracted banks providing the number given by the Registrar’s Office during the registration.
j) Certificate of Turkish proficiency ( Candidates who are unable to provide this document will take theTurkish Proficiency Level Test conducted by the university.)
k) Certificate of identity register copy (Dual citizens)
For Residents in Turkey
a) The original document of high school diploma and its translated version into Turkish approved by Turkish notery.
b) Certificate of Diploma Equivalence (Taken from provincial directorate of national education)
c) Transcipt document and its translated version into Turkish endorsed by Turkish notery.
d) The original document of ATAYÖS exam score. ( For additional placement, the original documents of YÖS exam score or SAT 1, Abitur, SAT 1 and Abitur and translated version of them into Turkish endorsed by Turkish notery.
e) 6 Headshot photos ( 4,5*6)
f) The endorsed copy of the passport and its translated version into Turkish endorsed by Turkish notery.
g) The blue card owners should certify their blue card and should provide their official renouncement document taken from Turkish Ministry of Interior.
h) Specified documentary evidence of your financial capacity throughout their education in Turkey. (Except for Turkish citizens)
i) The bank record of tution fee ( The fee is paid to one of the contracted banks providing the number given by the student affairs international students office during the registration.
j) Certificate of Turkish proficiency ( candidates who are unable to provide this document will take theTurkish Proficiency Level Test conducted by the university.)
k) Certificate of identity register copy (dual citizens).
Students who are unable to provide the required documents or are able to provide some of them cannot be enrolled.
Students who got the right of enrollment, have to certify their financial capacity for education and living cost announced at the university website by means of an internationally recognized document every academic year.
Students who come from Syria, Iraq and Libya and completed their secondary education at Temporary Education Centers and obtained “ Diploma/Certificate of Temporary Education Center” and enrolled in Open Education High School must certify their graduation.
Students with foreign nationalities can benefit from general health insurance by paying for the health insurance policies from the first three months of the school registration. This service is optional.
Students with foreign nationalities must apply for the interim TR identification number from the first three months of the school registration and they have to inform the Registrar’s Office of this number.
Tuition fee for the foreign students is determined by the university administrative board provided that the minimum and maximum amount that Council of Ministers resolved should not be exceeded.
‘The applications and registration of the candidates who submit incomplete, false and counterfeit information and document are disannuled.
Education Annotated Visa for Foreign students who have come to Turkey by visa or visa exemption and have come for associate and BA degrees is not required.
“Exam result document” is used for “Student Acceptance Certificate ”
Those who are eligible to apply for additional placement:
1. Candidates who took ATAYÖS-2018 exam and preferred Atatürk University but could not be placed.
2. Candidates who took the exams of other Higher Education Institutions that Atatürk University recognizes and shows on its website.
3. Candidate students with a score of another international exam, which has been announced to be recognized.
SAT 1 Exam; minimum 400 as total score and minimum score 200 for mathematics
ABİTUR exam; minimum 4
Secondary Education GPA; 60% of total score ( Open Education Faculty can be applied only.)
Application is done through http://yosbasvuru.atauni.edu.tr/. Applications are rejected after due date.
Students who took ATAYÖS-2018 but did not make preference during the placement or was not placed though they made preference can apply for replacement. Through the registration page by clicking “ADDITIONAL PLACEMENT” on the left side and the application can be made.
Applicants are responsible for all type of information they provide. Identification information must be the same with their passports’. No change and contraction is accepted. Once the information is inserted no change /update can be made.
During the registration, the e-mail address and phone number should belong to the applicant and only one e-mail address should be used. The candidate should not use the phone number or e-mail account on behalf of another applicant.
All applicants should upload a head shot photo taken within the last 3 months in the format of JPEG or PNG. This upload should not exceed 2MB. The head shot photo should be suitable for use in visa or identity card procedures. The uploaded photo will be used in the Exam Entrance Document and Exam Result Document. In case examiners cannot identify the candidate with the photo then the candidate may not be permitted to take the exam.
Applicants’ verification links and candidate numbers will be sent to their e-mail addresses. They should activate their page by clicking the link. In case the verification code is not received, applicants should check the spam or junk e-mail box. If they cannot have the code, then they should click “SEND VERIFICATION CODE” at email@example.com and insert the required information , and check the inbox again 5 minutes later. If they still do not have the code, they should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org informing the problem through their e-mail account they use during registration. They will be assisted soon.
Once you activate your account you can do your preferences by clicking ADDITIONAL PLACEMENT link.
Candidate number is given only once. This number should be used in every procedure at Atatürk University.
Candidates can make maximum 5 preferences for formal education programs, and maximum 10 preferences for ATA-AÖF (Atatürk University Open Education Faculty) programs and totally 15 preferences can be taken for both programs. After placement according to the ATAYÖS Exam scores, placement can be made according to high school graduation scores for the available quotas in the Open Education Faculty (ATA-AÖF).
There is no time restriction for the applicants about the validity of the equivalent exams (e.g. Abitur) in terms of high school completion exams approved by Higher Education Council. However, as for the exams for university entrance (e.g. SAT) these exams are valid for 2 years. With these exams’ score applications for replacement are accepted. In additional placement , “the criteria for foreign student admission to higher education” will be taken into consideration. Document verification procedure of the exam scores which Higher education institutions conduct and the exams approved by Atatürk University and the exam score documents uploaded for additional placement is done according to following criteria:a) Those who did not upload the part of verification link and verification code to the system;
b) Those who have not verification link and code in his /her document.
c) Those who have uploaded the YÖS exam score of the former year and no indication of the validity period in the document.
d) In case the information uploaded to the system does not correspond to the information in the document, then the applications of these candidates will be disannuled. The exam score should be inserted as shown in the exam score document ( e.g. 95.432). The three digits after the point should be written the same.