Atatürk University Foreign Student Examination (ATAYÖS) is for the candidates who seek to attend Atatürk University and other Turkish universities accepting this examination for BA and associate degree programs. Students from foreign countries or foreign citizens may use this exam score for about 80 public and private universities in Turkey.
The exam will be held on 28 April 2019 at 14:00 p.m at all test centers simultaneously in Turkish, English, German, French, Arabic, Persian and Russian languages.
ATAYÖS-2019 test score will be valid for one year and may be only used for 2019-2020 academic year’s BA and associate levels of application.
|Exam Application||21 January 2019|
10 April 2019
|Exam Date||28 April 2019 at 14:00 (Local time in Turkey)|
|Objection to the Exam Questions||28 April 2019||2 May 2019|
|Replying the Objection||10 May 2019|
|Announcement of the exam scores||24 May 2019|
|Objection to the exam score||27 May 2019||29 May 2019|
|Replying the Objection||10 June 2019|
|Program Preference||12 June 2019||24 June 2019|
|Placement Announcement||28 June 2019|
|Registration Period of Final Placement||29 July 2019||6 August 2019|
|Preference Period for Additional Placement||9 August 2019||23 August 2019|
|Announcement of the Additional Placement||6 September 2019|
|Final Registration for Additional Placement||9 September 2019||16 September 2019|
|Announcement of the Candidates Placed from the Waiting List||20 September 2019|
|Final Registration for the Candidates Placed from the Waiting List.||23 September 2019||27 September 2019|
TERMS OF APPLICATION
- High school students who are final year students or graduate will be accepted according to following reqirements:
- Those who have a foreign nationality,
- Those who were born as Turkish citizens but later were permitted by the Ministry of the Interior of Turkey to leave Turkish citizenship, including their underage children who are registered in the document of leaving Turkish citizenship and who can certificate that they have the document regarding the Exercise of Given Rights, pursuant to the Turkish Nationality Law, (The 7th article of the Turkish Nationality Law numbered 5901 prescribes that “(1) an infant born from the marriage of a mother or a father having Turkish citizenship inside or outside Turkey is a Turkish citizen”; applicants who would like to apply for the quotas of foreign admission should further review the Turkish Nationality Law.)
- Those who used to have a foreign citizenship but later have acquired Turkish citizenship/those who have a dual citizenship under these circumstances (see appendix for more details),
- Applications of those who have Turkish citizenship and have continued to receive the last three year of secondary education (high school) in a foreign country except for Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) before 01.02.2013 (including those who have received secondary education (high school) entirely at a Turkish school located in a foreign country in the eye of the Ministery of Education except for TRNC),
- Applications of those who have Turkish citizenship and have started to receive secondary education (high school) entirely in a foreign country except for Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) after 01.02.2013 (including those who have received secondary education (high school) entirely at a Turkish school located in a foreign country in the eye of the Ministery of Education except for TRNC),
- Who hold Turkish citizenship and have received secondary education entirely in Turkey or in TRNC,
- Who hold TRNC citizenship (excluding those who have received secondary education entirely at TRNC high schools and have obtained GCEAL degree and those registered in the colleges or high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010 and currently have or will obtain GCEAL degrees),
- * Whose first citizenship is Turkish from birth, as prescribed in article 2.1./a-2 of this guide (Excluding for those who provide the conditions in article a-4)
- Dual citizens who have TRNC citizenship (excluding those who have received secondary education entirely at TRNC high schools and have obtained GCEAL degree and those registered in the colleges or high schools in other countries between 2005 and 2010 and currently have or will obtain GCEAL degrees),
- Who hold citizenship of the Republic of Turkey or a dual citizenship, one of which is citizenship of the Republic of Turkey by birth, as stated in Article a) Item 2) above, and who have completed their secondary education in institutions in the eye of an embassy or in other foreign institutions in Turkey, cannot apply for education at Ataturk University.
* Given the 7th article of 5901 numbered Turkish Nationality Law stating, “(1) Those who are born of a legitimate marriage of a Turkish mother or father in or out of Turkey are Turkish citizens”, the applicants of those who have a high school diploma in Turkey are not accepted for foreign applications quotas. But, through the opinion of Ministry of Education, Board of Education stating that the applications of students who attend high schools at Turkish schools in foreign countries (except for TRNC) can be accepted in accordance with admission of foreign students, the graduate students who had attended Open Education High School Western European Program can be considered within this reference.
2. In order to make your registration valid, enter your e-mail address and your phone number into the system.
3. The required information during registration should be given according to your ID/ passport’s information.
4. Your headshot photo, which was taken within the three months, should be scanned and uploaded in the format of (.jpg) or (.png). Your photo should be appropriate for official use.
5. VERIFICATION CODE: A verification link and candidate number will be sent to your e-mail account. You can activate your page by clicking the link.
6. If the verification code is not received, please check your spam or junk box. If you still do not receive the code, please click “Send Verification Code” link from the homepage to request a new verification number.
1. FINAL APPLICATION After activating your account, log in with your username and password. You can complete your exam application by clicking ATAYÖS-2019 APPLICATION.
2. Choose only one exam center and one exam language. Applicants cannot change their choices later on.
3. PAYMENT Exam fee can be deposited either online or as EFT/ Money Transfer/ SWIFT. After deposited the exam fee as EFT/ Money Transfer/ SWIFT, candidates should upload a picture of their bank receipts
4. APPLICATION COMPLETE After payment confirmed, your application will be completed.
1. Applicants should check their exam centers 10 days before the exam date (18 April 2019).
2. EXAM ENTRANCE DOCUMENT Applicants can print out their exam entrance document 5 days before the exam (23 April 2019).
3. Applicants must have their passports and exam entrance document with them.
- Candidates from homeland and abroad should apply for the exam from the website yosbasvuru.atauni.edu.trbetween the dates 21 January 2019- 29 March 2019. The applications which are not made by mailing or in person will not be accepted.
- Candidates will complete their registration online at yosbasvuru.atauni.edu.tr within the registration period.
- Candidates are responsible for any result due to incomplete or errorneous information during registration. Personal data in the application system should exactly match with the applicant’s passport information (name, surname etc. and no use of abbreviations is accepted). Once registered on the system, the applicant cannot change/update the personal information.
- The phone and e-mail information on the application system should belong to the applicant and only one e-mail address should be provided. The candidates should not use the phone number or e-mail address on behalf of another applicant.
- Candidates should upload a head shot photo taken within the last 3 months in the format of JPEG or PNG bot more than 2 MB. The head shot photo should be suitable for use in visa or identity card procedures. The uploaded photo will be used in the Exam Entrance Document and Exam Result Document. In case examiners cannot identify the candidate with the photo then the candidate may not be permitted to take the exam.
- Candidates’ verification links and candidate numbers will be sent to their e-mail addresses. They should activate their page by clicking the link. In case the verification code is not received, applicants should check their spam or junk e-mail box. If you cannot receive the code, please click “Send Verification Code” link from the homepage to request a new verification number. If you still do not receive the code, you should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org informing the problem through the e-mail account you use during registration. You will be assisted soon.
- After activating the account by inserting username and password ATAYÖS 2019 APPLICATION link is clicked and final application is made. The application is completed after the exam fee is paid and the application procedure is checked and confirmed by the exam officers. The exam fee will be paid through EXAM FEE page.
- The candidate number of the applicants will be given only once. It is a must that candidate number be provided in all types of correspondance with Atatürk University.
Candidates will pay for the exam according to table below.
Türkiye – Erzurum |
Türkiye – İstanbul-Avrupa
Türkiye – İstanbul- Anadolu
Türkiye – Ankara
Türkiye – İzmir
Türkiye – Van
Türkiye – Bursa
Türkiye – Gaziantep
Türkiye – Şanlıurfa
Türkiye – Antalya
Türkiye – Hatay
Türkiye – Konya
Türkiye – Mersin
Türkiye – Kayseri
Türkiye – Samsun
Türkiye – Sakarya
Austria - Vienna
Saudi Arabia - Jeddah
Saudi Arabia - Madina
Saudi Arabia – Taif
Saudi Arabia – Riyadh
Saudi Arabia - Tebuk
300 TL | 60 USD | 50 EURO
Azerbaijan –Baku |
Kyrgyzstan – Bishkek
|200 TL | 40 USD | 35 EURO|
Points to consider fort he candidates who will pay the exam fee from Turkey and abroad:
The exam fee can be deposited in two ways:
- It can be paid through online system. Candidates must have a credit card or debit card (Visa or Master) in order to make online payment. In online payment, the application is approved automatically upon payment. The confirmation message will be sent to the e-mail address of the applicant that submitted during registration.
- The exam fee can be deposited as EFT / Money Transfer / SWIFT. Candidates who will apply for the exam from abroad will be able to pay the exam fee through a correspondent bank or internationally traded banks. Important points for the candidates who will pay the exam fees from Turkey and abroad are listed below:
- Candidate number, name and surname as it is stated on participant’s passport should be explicitly written on the receipt.
- Transfer fee amount should be calculated additionally apart from the amount to be paid as the examination fee.
- Before leaving the bank, candidates should carefully check their bank receipt and if needed, they should have it corrected before leaving the bank.
- After depositing the exam fee, candidates should enter the system and upload a picture of their bank receipts and a passports/ IDs or a copy of their TC ID. Your application will be void if the receipt you have uploaded to the system is unreadable or if other images have been uploaded.
- Candidates are deemed to have been deposited after the exam fee has been transferred and transferred to the account. The examination fee must be fully paid within the application calendar.
- Otherwise, the fee will not be refunded and the application will be void.
- The exam fee cannot be paid through special checks, envelopes, money, postal checks etc.
- If the above stated information is entered sketchily or incorrectly (the receipt is unreadable), the application will not be refunded and the application will be void.
- If the examination fee is deposited as EFT/ Money Transfer/ SWIFT, the experts from our office will confirm your application by checking whether the money is transferred to the account referring to the bank receipt you have uploaded to the system.
Account Name: ATATÜRK ÜNİVERSİTESİ
Branch code: 1677
Account Number: 06000001
IBAN: TR21 0001 2001 6770 0006 0000 01
Branch code: 1677
Account Number: 53100001
IBAN: TR91 0001 2001 6770 0053 1000 01
Branch code: 1677
Account Number: 58100002
IBAN: TR08 0001 2001 6770 0058 1000 02
CONDITIONS WHICH ARE NOT REFUNDED
- Although the exam fee is deposited, the participants:
- who withdraw even if they have paid the exam fee,,
- whose application disannulled,
- who do not/cannot attend the exam,
- who are late to the exam
- who are not accepted to the exam,
- who are quitted from the exam
- who failed the exam,
- whose exam disannulled are not refunded.
- In the case of payment of the exam fee from two different accounts on the system, the payment is not refunded.
- The applicants who do not pay the examination fee within the application schedule are not accepted.
- Examination fees cannot transferred to the next years.
EXAM FEE REFUND
If the exams are cancelled in the centers where the applicant chooses by Ataturk University, the exam fee will be refunded. Apart from this situation, the exam fee is not refunded. The exam fees are refunded according to Turkish currency exchange rate of that date.
* In case of cancellation of the exam in the centers determined by Atatürk University, the points to be considered for reimbursement;
- When exam fee is paid in bulk,
- If the bank receipts from ATMs do not include the participants’ candidate number, Name and Surname,
- If the name, surname and candidate number of the applicant is incomplete or wrong in the explanation section of the receipt, the applicants will not be given any refunds.
ATAYÖS-2019 will be held in the following centers:
Germany – Berlin|
Germany – Dortmund
Kyrgyzstan – Bishkek
Saudi Arabia- Jeddah
Saudi Arabia - Madina
Saudi Arabia – Taif
Saudi Arabia – Riyadh
Saudi Arabia – Tebuk
Turkey- Erzurum, Istanbul- European Side, Istanbul- Anatolian Side, Ankara, Izmir, Van, Bursa, Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Antalya, Hatay, Konya, Mersin, Kayseri, Samsun, Sakarya
Candidates should choose only one exam center. It will be also asked from candidates to choose a language for the exam. Exam center and language cannot be changed after the exam fee is paid and the application is completed.
The examination booklet shall be in two languages: Turkish (for all booklets) and in the language that the participant choose from the list (Turkish- English, Turkish- German, Turkish- French, Turkish- Arabic, Turkish- Persian, Turkish- Russian.) The participants can only choose one language. The original text is Turkish, the language that the participant chooses will be given to help them understand the questions.
Atatürk University has the right to change or cancel the test centers 10 days before the exam. Therefore, you should check your test center 10 days before the exam by logging into system.
80 questions will be asked under the title of Basic Learning Skills. Results will be graded out of 100 points. The exam is 150 minutes (2.5 hours).
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Ratio and Proportion||1|
|Summation, multiplication Symbol||1|
The examination will be held on the above-mentioned subjects. Candidates do not need to know Turkish or English in order to enter ATAYÖS. Students, who are placed in any program within the exam calendar, are taken to the Turkish and Foreign Language Proficiency Exam to be held by the related units of the university. Students, who are successful in these exams, start their first-year education without having to learn Turkish and Foreign Language preparatory classes; however those who cannot pass then they take language preparation courses.
- To enter the examination room with a mobile phone is strictly prohibited. Communication items such as pager, transmitter, computer and watches having no function except for time, all devices having computer functions, any weapon and its equipment, scrap paper, notebook, dictionary, electronic devices used for dictionary, calculator, ruler, compass, protractor are prohibited. If the applicants take the exam with one of these devices, their exams will be disannuled.
- Candidates, who have submitted their exam papers and left the examination room, cannot reenter exam room for any reason.
- Talking to the examiners and asking questions to them is prohibited during the exam. The examiners cannot talk to candidates, slowly and closely either. Barrowing and lending pencil, and eraser etc. are prohibited.
- Leaving the room is not permitted at the first 75 minutes and the last 15 minutes of the exam.
- If the examiners authorized in the exam determine that the exam is not held in accordance with the rules and report that the students are cheating or it is determined, the exams of the candidates will be void by Ataturk University.
- Candidates should obey the examiners’ warnings during the exam. They can change your seats if found necessary. For a valid exam, candidates should obey the exam rules. The exams of those;
- who enter the exam with outstanding document,
- who do not obey the exam rules,
- who insult, attack and threaten examiners,
- who speak loudly and break the peace,
- who leave the class before the announced time period,
- who attempt to cheat or help cheating during the exam will be void and an individual report will be written.
- The exams of those, who submit their booklets with missing pages, will be void.
- The blank parts of the booklet can be used as worksheet.
- It is strictly prohibited to take notes and to write the answer into a paper and to get it out of the room.
- Candidates should fill in the blanks on their answer sheets. Situations of those who do not fill in will be examined by Faculty of Open Education.
- Pencil should be used for all writing and marking.
- No one including the examiners can smoke.
- In the booklet, explanations about the test are written. Without reading these descriptions and hearing "EXAM HAS STARTED", do not start answering the questions.
- Before leaving the exam room, please do not forget to submit your exam booklet, answer sheet, and ATAYÖS exam entrance document to the examiners.
Preference procedure will be conducted through http://yosbasvuru.atauni.edu.tr/
Candidates can make maximum 5 preferences for formal education programs; maximum 10 preferences for ATA-AÖF (Atatürk University open education faculty) programs and totally 15 preferences can be taken for both programs.
After placement according to the ATAYÖS Exam scores, placement can be made according to high school graduation scores for the available quotas in the Faculty of Open Education (ATA-AÖF).For students who want to choose a program with a special talent exam:
- Candidates who prefer the programs with special talent exams and students who are placed in these programs must take special talent exam that will be done by related unit and must be successful from this exam. For further information about the special talent exams, please visit click here..
Important points during prefence:
Many other universities in Turkey, especially by ÜNİP member universities, can use scores obtained in the exam. Click here for the universities recognizing ATAYÖS-2019 exam scores.
- Candidates can make maximum 5 preferences for formal education programs; maximum 10 preferences for ATA-AÖF (Atatürk University open education faculty) programs and totally 15 preferences can be taken for both programs.
- Priority will be given according to the rankings and success points of the candidates during placement process.
- Exam scores are taken into consideration for the preferences with exam scores during placement.
- The first placement procedures for the student candidates who take the ATAYÖS-2019 exam,
- Additional placement procedures with the candidates who take the ATAYÖS-2019;
- The results of the candidates, who has already entered other Higher Education Institutions’ exams, will be accepted by multiplying their exam results by 0.9 in accordance with the document verification criteria given below.
- Other international examination results (SAT, ABITUR), which are announced before , will be accepted.
- Applicants who apply only to Open Education Faculty programs can apply with high school diploma grade.
For ATAYÖS 2019 quotas click here.
Those who are eligible to apply for additional placement:
- Candidates who took ATAYÖS-2019 exam and preferred Atatürk University but could not be placed.
- Candidates who pass ATAYÖS-2019 exam but do not carry out their preference procedures during programme preferences.
- The results of the candidates, who have already entered other Higher Education Institutions’ exams, will be accepted by multiplying their exam results by 0.9 in accordance with the document verification criteria given below.
- Other international examination results (SAT, ABITUR), which are announced before, will be accepted.
- Applicants who apply only to Open Education Faculty programs can apply with high school diploma grade.
International Exams Approved by Atatürk University
- SAT 1 exam: minimum 400 as total score and minimum score 200 for mathematics
- ABİTUR exam: minimum 4;
- Secondary Education GPA: 60% of total score ( Open Education Faculty can be applied only.)
Application is done through http://yosbasvuru.atauni.edu.tr/
Students who took ATAYÖS-2019 but did not make preference during the placement or was not placed though they made preference can apply for replacement. Through the registration page by clicking “ADDITIONAL PLACEMENT” on the left side and the application can be made.
Applicants are responsible for all type of information they provide. Identification information must be the same with their passports’. No change and contraction is accepted. Once the information is inserted no change /update can be made.
During the registration, the e-mail address and phone number should belong to the applicant and only one e-mail address should be used. The candidate should not use the phone number or e-mail account on behalf of another applicant.
All applicants should upload a head shot photo taken within the last 3 months in the format of JPEG or PNG. This upload should not exceed 2MB. The head shot photo should be suitable for use in visa or identity card procedures. The uploaded photo will be used in the Exam Entrance Document and Exam Result Document. In case examiners cannot identify the candidate with the photo then the candidate may not be permitted to take the exam.
Applicants verification links and candidate numbers will be sent to their e-mail addresses. They should activate their page by clicking the link. In case the verification code is not received, applicants should check the spam or junk e-mail box. If they cannot have the code, then they should click “SEND VERIFICATION CODE” at email@example.com and insert the required information. If they still do not have the code, they should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org informing the problem through their e-mail account they use during registration. They will be assisted soon.
Candidate number is given only once. This number should be used in every procedure at Atatürk University.
Once you activate your account you can do your preferences by clicking ADDITIONAL PLACEMENT link.
Candidates can make maximum 5 preferences for formal education programs, and maximum 10 preferences for ATA-AÖF (Atatürk University Open Education Faculty) programs and totally 15 preferences can be taken for both programs.
After placement according to the ATAYÖS Exam scores, placement can be made according to high school graduation scores for the available quotas in the Open Education Faculty (ATA-AÖF). For more information please click here. click here.
There is no time restriction for the applicants about the validity of the equivalent exams (e.g. Abitur) in terms of high school completion exams approved by Higher Education Council. However, as for the exams for university entrance (e.g. SAT) these exams are valid for 2 years. With these exams’ score applications for replacement are accepted. In additional placement , “the criteria for foreign student admission to higher education” will be taken into consideration. Document verification procedure of the exam scores which Higher education institutions conduct and the exams approved by Atatürk University and the exam score documents uploaded for additional placement is done according to following criteria:
- Those who did not upload the part of verification link and verification code to the system;
- Those who have not verification link and code in his /her document.
- Those who have uploaded the YÖS exam score of the former year and no indication of the validity period in the document.
- In case the information uploaded to the system does not correspond to the information in the document, then the applications of these candidates will be disannuled. The exam score should be inserted as shown in the exam score document ( e.g. 95.432). The three digits after the point should be written the same.
Students who got the right of the registration to the university must be enrolled with the required documents shown on the website of the Registrar’s Office within the required dates.
The followings are the required documents for registration:
For Foreign Residents
- The original of high school diploma and its translated version into Turkish endorsed by Turkish Foreign Representatives
- Certificate of Diploma Equivalence ( can be provided at Turkish Foriegn Representatives in your own country)
- The original academic record ( transcript) and its translated version into Turkish endorsed by Turkish Foriegn Representatives
- The original document of ATAYÖS exam score.( For additional placement, the original documents of YÖS exam score or SAT 1, Abitur, SAT 1 and Abitur and translated version of them into Turkish endorsed by Turkish Foriegn Representatives.
- 6 Headshot photos ( 4,5*6)
- The endorsed copy of the passport and its translated version into Turkish endorsed by Turkish Foriegn Representatives
- The blue card owners should certify their blue card and should provide their official renouncement document taken from Turkish Ministry of Interior
- Specified documentary evidence of your financial capacity throughout your education in Turkey. (Except for Turkish citizens)
- The bank record of tution fee ( The fee is paid to one of the contracted banks providing the number given by the Registrar’s Office during the registration.
- Certificate of Turkish proficiency ( Candidates who are unable to provide this document will take theTurkish Proficiency Level Test conducted by the university.
- Certificate of identity register copy (Dual citizens)
For Residents in Turkey
- The original document of high school diploma and its translated version into Turkish approved by Turkish notery.
- Certificate of Diploma Equivalence (Taken from provincial directorate of national education)
- Transcipt document and its translated version into Turkish endorsed by Turkish notery.
- The original document of ATAYÖS exam score. ( For additional placement, the original documents of YÖS exam score or SAT 1, Abitur, SAT 1 and Abitur and translated version of them into Turkish endorsed by Turkish notery.
- 6 Headshot photos ( 4,5*6)
- The endorsed copy of the passport and its translated version into Turkish endorsed by Turkish notery.
- The blue card owners should certify their blue card and should provide their official renouncement document taken from Turkish Ministry of Interior.
- Specified documentary evidence of your financial capacity throughout their education in Turkey. (Except for Turkish citizens)
- The bank record of tution fee ( The fee is paid to one of the contracted banks providing the number given by the student affairs international students office during the registration.
- Certificate of Turkish proficiency ( candidates who are unable to provide this document will take theTurkish Proficiency Level Test conducted by the university.)
- Certificate of identity register copy (dual citizens).
Students who are unable to provide the required documents or are able to provide some of them cannot be enrolled.
Students who got the right of enrollment, have to certify their financial capacity for education and living cost announced at the university website by means of an internationally recognized document every academic year.
Students who come from Syria, Iraq and Libya and completed their secondary education at Temporary Education Centers and obtained “ Diploma/Certificate of Temporary Education Center” and enrolled in Open Education High School must certify their graduation.
Students with foreign nationalities can benefit from general health insurance by paying for the health insurance policies from the first three months of the school registration. This service is optional.
Students with foreign nationalities must apply for the interim TR identification number from the first three months of the school registration and they have to inform the Registrar’s Office of this number.
Tuition fee for the foreign students is determined by the university administrative board provided that the minimum and maximum amount that Council of Ministers resolved should not be exceeded.
The applications and registration of the candidates who submit incomplete, false and counterfeit information and document are disannuled.
Education Annotated Visa for Foreign students who have come to Turkey by visa or visa exemption and have come for associate and BA degrees is not required.
“Exam result document” is used for “Student Acceptance Certificate ”